Most Essential Windows CMD Commands
You must have used the command prompt to do things if you are a windows user.
Command prompt is helpful for every user in terms of performing, running, or opening in seconds which you search in the search bar of windows.
The Command Prompt serves as your entry point to powerful Windows features. Here's a piece with all of the basic CMD commands.
1. Prompt Command
When users launch a command prompt, they usually see the path to the current directory printed in the left corner. And we want to tweak it to our liking. The Prompt function is used here.
It enables us to determine the state of our connection quickly. It is used to determine the cause of issues upon detecting them.
COLOR allows users to modify the colors of the forefront and backdrop while working just on the command prompt.
4. Hidden Folder
Whenever we conceal a subfolder, it is from characteristics but appears when we select “Show hidden files,” The same problem occurs when we use “attrib +h filename.” So now we’ll have just seen a function that will conceal your subfolder and make it impossible for anyone to locate it again.
Look for a text string in at least one document that we show in a similar order. Looks for a text string in a paper or record.
6. Scan System Problem
SFC indicates for System File Checker; if you’re unhappy with your Windows framework, the “sfc/scannow” command launches the System File Checker apparatus, checking and updating critical OS records. Microsoft recommends SFC if any errors in a form or catalog cannot be corrected. It’s easy enough for anyone with basic knowledge of the order brief to use and an excellent tool if you’re unhappy with your structure.
7. Shut Down
You could use this command to turn down your pc at a later stage. You must enter “shutdown -f -t XYZ,” replacing XYZ with the amount of time you wish to delay (from 0 to 315,360,000, which is 10 years).
If you know you'll be away from your computer for an extended period, this is an excellent method to save electricity.
You may use the term “format” to cleanly layout a disc drive utilizing command prompt codes. You must specify the volume tag to prepare a fixed volume. This operation will wipe all information on that drive, so be sure that there’s no critical information before running it. You may also adjust the file system kind, the volume label, and the size of the allotment unit and build a compacted amount.
Similarly, like we launch command prompt, the description of the program is written as “C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe.” We may do so with the title command whenever we wish to alter it.
10. Encrypt A file
Firstly, for encrypting a file, ensure that this is not opened in either program (so close all of them). Then, enter “cipher/E filename.txt” to encrypt all files with that filename. If you like, you may rename the document so that others understand what it includes will still appear as “.enc.” It may take a little time based on the scale of your data collection, and when it’s finished, you’ll have had an encrypted copy of the old text!
Other useful articles:
- Basic Windows CMD commands
- Cool CMD Commands Tips and Tricks
- Best CMD Commands for Hacking
- CMD Commands for Wireless Network Speed
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for CMD
- What Info about My Laptop Can I Check with CMD and How?
- Getting Started with CMD Windows
- TOP-12 Command-Line Interview Questions (Basic)
- Command-Line Interview Questions (Advanced)
- CMD Commands to Repair Windows
- CMD Commands to Speed Up Computer
- CMD Commands for MAC OS
- How Does the Command Line Work?
- MS-Dos Interview Questions in 2021
- Windows OS Versions and History
- Recent Windows Versions Compared
- Basic Windows Prompt Commands for Every Day
- Windows Command Line Cheat Sheet For Everyone
- Windows Command Line Restart
- Windows Command Line for Loop
- Windows Command - Change Directory
- Windows Command - Delete Directory
- Windows Command Line – Set Environment Variable
- How Do I Run Command Line
- Windows Command Line Create File
- Windows Command Line Editor
- CMD Commands for Network
- CMD Commands to Look Like a Hacker
- CMD in Microsoft SQL Server
- SQLCMD Utility
- Open File Explorer with CMD
- Most Essential Windows CMD Commands